How Green Are We?
We are doing our part to reduce waste. Here are four ways we are practicing “Green” dentistry:
- Solid waste prevention
- Electronic health records.
- Voicemail or text appointment reminders.
- Marketing materials: electronically sent or on recycled paper.
- We use digital x-rays for high-speed, low exposure imagery.
- Pollution prevention
- Installed a mercury separator to remove mercury waste from our sewage waste.
- Filters from the vacuum and HVAC system replaced every 4 months.
- Water conservation/quality
- Use distilled water in dental equipment systems to prevent biofilms from forming. Waterlines are flushed daily.
- Standard faucet aerators or flow restrictors used to conserve water. A water miser system can reduce water use by 75%.
- Our toilets are water efficient—using only 1.6 GPF or less per flush.
- Energy Conservation
- Lighting: LED lights. We turn our lights off at night.
- Appliances, computers, and photocopier equipment: Energy-Star Certified.
- Honeywell Smart thermostat
- Water heaters, storage tanks, and hot water pipes are insulated.
Saving the Environment is important to us. There are many ways we can teach children to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.