We have continued to reduce our daily appointments to adhere to proper CDC and ADA disinfecting measures and safety protocols. Your child’s dental appointment is a booked reservation. A lot of effort and expense goes into preparing each exam room for your child’s arrival and personalized care. Please respect our time and the costly measures we have put into practice to keep everyone safe. If your child or another family member is not feeling well, or something unexpected has arisen please try to let us know at least 1 business day prior so we can help you to rebook. We’re certain another family would be grateful for an opportunity to visit us. So we may prevent wasting valuable PPE our $30 no show/ late cancel fee is being enforced.
Here’s what you should do:
Healthcare facilities are still required to adhere to CDC guidelines and Infection control protocols.
Since many children in and out of our office are too young to get the COVID vaccine, it’s important that we do everything we can to honor their safety.
- The mask mandate is still in effect when visiting a healthcare provider.
- All adults AND all children ages 4 and above must wear a mask at all times in our office.
- If you don’t have a mask we will provide you with one, just ask for one at the front door before entering
- Everyone must wash their hands before being seated.
- We allow 1 parent/guardian to accompany their child into our treatment areas.
- We’re still fogging (disinfecting) our office.
Back to Blogs
We appreciate your trust and understanding. Thanks in advance for your support and cooperation.
Kind regards,Dr. Anderson and the Sprout Kids Dentistry Team
In the fast-paced world we live in, it can be difficult to make time for your child’s regular dental checkups to maintain their oral health. For people who live in remote areas, it can be even more difficult to get regular checkups. One great option for making it easier for your children to get the dental care they need is through online appointments. Telehealth allows dentists to meet with their patients remotely through the internet instead of meeting face-to-face. Here’s what to know about it and how it can help.
What exactly is Teledentistry?
Teledentistry allows dentists to provide services outside of a practice setting. While it doesn’t provide the full experience or range of services, it can be helpful in a variety of ways.
Telehealth technology allows healthcare practitioners to provide dental information and dental services online using things like video or phone conferencing. Teledentistry can be especially beneficial for patients located in rural areas or patients who may have little to no access to a dentist locally. It can also be a great option if you and your child prefer to keep the same dentist but are located out-of-area.
The Benefits of Teledentistry
There are many benefits to using Teledentistry. These include:
- Emergency dental care access: If your child is experiencing a dental emergency, you’re able to connect quickly to your pediatric dentist. This way, they can assess your child’s dental issues, prescribe medication, and provide a treatment plan, all while reducing the discomfort and inconvenience of having to travel to a dental office with your child.
- No long wait time or travel issues: If traveling to a dental office or sitting in waiting rooms with your child is problematic, then Teledentistry is a great option. You’ll be able to connect remotely to your dentist from any place that is convenient for you and your child, reducing the hassle of traveling or waiting in a public setting.
- Affordability: You can have access to more convenient dental care while paying a more affordable cost and therefore, saving money. This can include travel costs if you live far away from your preferred dentist and find yourself traveling a lot for appointments that can be completed online.
- Accessibility: Teledentistry for you and your family is more efficient and it provides high-quality access to dental providers and services without the hassle of going to your dentist’s office.
Schedule an Appointment
Teledentistry is an excellent option for getting convenient, expert care for you and your children. To schedule an appointment or learn more about your options, we invite you to contact our Quincy office by calling or filling out our online form.
Back to Blogs